Steps used for making Decision Tree
1074 Views • Posted On Aug. 21, 2020
Prerequisite: Decision Tree in Machine Learning
The steps used for making Decision Tree are -
- Get the list of rows (dataset) which are taken into consideration for making a decision tree (recursively at each node).
- Calculate uncertainty of our dataset or Gini impurity or how much our dataset is mixed up, etc.
- Generate list of all questions which need to be asked at that node.
- Partition rows into True rows and False rows based on each question asked.
- Calculate information gain based on Gini Impurity and partition of data from the previous step.
- Update the highest information gain based on each question asked.
- Update question based on information gain (higher information gain).
- Divide the node on the question. Repeat again from step 1 until we get pure node (leaf nodes).
Share this tutorial with someone who needs it
Most Popular Tutorials in Data Science