Classes of Problems in Machine Learning
Less than 500 views • Posted On Aug. 17, 2020
The most common classes of problems in Machine Learning are -
- In classification, data is labeled i.e., it is assigned a class, for example, spam/non-spam or fraud/non-fraud.
- The decision being modeled is to assign labels to new unlabeled pieces of data.
- This can be thought of as a discrimination problem, modeling the differences or similarities between groups.
- Regression data is labeled with real value rather than a categorical label.
- The decision being modeled is what value to predict for new unpredicted data.
- In clustering, data is not labeled but can be divided into groups based on similarity and other measures of natural structure in the data.
- For example, organizing pictures by faces without names, where the human user has to assign names to groups, like iPhoto on the Mac.
- In rule extraction, data is used as the basis for the extraction of propositional rules.
- These rules discover statistically supportable relationships between attributes in the data.
Share this tutorial with someone who needs it
Most Popular Tutorials in Data Science
Most Popular Tutorials on Asquero
What are your thoughts?