Application areas of Data Compression
Less than 500 views • Posted On Sept. 28, 2020
The various application areas of data compression are:
- Audio data compression reduces the transmission bandwidth and storage requirements of audio data.
- Audio compression algorithms are implemented in software as audio codecs.
- Lossy audio compression algorithms provide higher compression at the cost of fidelity and are used in numerous audio applications.
- These algorithms rely on psychoacoustics to eliminate or reduce the fidelity of less audible sounds, thereby reducing the space required to store or transmit them.
- Video Compression uses modern coding techniques to reduce redundancy in video data.
- Most video compression algorithms and codecs combine spatial image compression and temporal motion compensation.
- Video compression is a practical implementation os source coding in information theory.
- Genetics compression algorithms are the latest generation of lossless algorithms that compress data using both conventional compression algorithms and genetic algorithms adapted to the specific datatype.
- To emulate CD-based consoles such as the Playstation 2, data compression is desirable to reduce huge amounts of disk space used by ISOs.
- For example, Final Fantasy XII (computer game) is normally 2.9 gigabytes. With proper compression, it is reduced to around 90% of that size.
Share this tutorial with someone who needs it
Most Popular Tutorials in Data Science
Most Popular Tutorials on Asquero