Application Areas of Artificial Neural Networks
2628 Views • Posted On Aug. 23, 2020
The application areas of artificial Neural networks are -
- Speech Recognition:
- Speech occupies a prominent role in human-human interaction.
- Therefore it is natural for people to expect speech interfaces with computers.
- In the present era, for communication with machines, humans still need sophisticated languages that are difficult to learn and use.
- To ease this communication barrier, a simple solution could be communication in a spoken language that is possible for the machine to understand.
- Hence, ANN is playing a major role in speech recognition.
- Character Recognition:
- It is a problem that falls under the area of Pattern Recognition.
- Many neural networks have been developed for automatic recognition of handwritten characters, either letters or digits.
- Signature Verification Application:
- Signatures are useful ways to authorize and authenticate a person in legal transactions.
- The signature verification technique is a non-vision based technique.
- For this application, the first approach is to extract the feature or rather the geometrical feature set representing the signature.
- With these feature sets, we have to train the neural networks using an efficient neural network algorithm.
- This trained neural network will classify the signature as being genuine or forged under the verification stage.
- Human Face Recognition:
- It is one of the biometric methods to identify the given face.
- It is a typical task because of the characterization of "non-face" images.
- However, if the neural network is well trained, then it can be divided into two classes namely images having faces and images that do not have faces.
Share this tutorial with someone who needs it
Most Popular Tutorials in Data Science
Most Popular Tutorials on Asquero